1. Promoter: The Promoter is The Art Gallery of Western Australia ABN 14 734 437 675, PO Box 8363, Perth Business Centre, Perth WA 6849.
2. Entry Method: To enter The West Australian Pulse Act Belong Commit People's Choice Award competition entrants must either:
i. visit www.artgallery.wa.gov.au during the competition period, complete the online Entry Form and provide all the mandatory details, including choosing a work by their favourite artist from The West Australian Pulse 2022 exhibition gallery;
ii. complete an entry form using the iPads provided in the exhibition space at The Art Gallery of Western Australia.
Only one valid entry will be submitted into the draw per entrant. The member of the public entry will be selected at random, while the Act Belong Commit People’s Choice Award winner will be the artist who receives the most number of votes, as voted by members of the public through this competition.
If an entrant is unable to or refuses or fails to take part in any element of this competition, or a winning entry is deemed not to comply with these Conditions of Entry, the Promoter reserves the right to discard that entrant’s entry and proceed as if the entrant had not entered the competition. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence will be entered into.
3. Restrictions: Anyone is eligible to vote in the Act Belong Commit People’s Choice Award, however to be eligible for the award the entrant must be a resident of Western Australia and who has agreed to comply with these Conditions of Entry. Directors, officers, management, employees and other staff and their immediate families of the Promoter or the sponsor companies associated with this competition are ineligible to enter.
4. Competition Dates: The voting commences at 10am, Wednesday 20 April 2022 and closes at 5pm, Monday 18 July 2022 (AWST). The competition winner will be drawn on Wednesday 20 July 2022 at the offices of The Art Gallery of Western Australia. The artist who receives the most votes will be announced on Wednesday 20 July 2022 through www.artgallery.wa.gov.au and AGWA’s social media channels.
5. Prize Details: The artist who receives the highest number of votes will win one (1) x $2,500 cash. The school that the winning artist attended will receive an AGWA workshop and tour package for one (1) class up to 35 students. One person, who submitted a vote, will be drawn randomly from all the votes received and will win one (1) x $100 Design Store voucher. Receipt of award will be arranged through The Art Gallery of Western Australia in consultation with the winners. The winners’ names and suburbs will be published on www.artgallery.wa.gov.au. The award is not transferable or exchangeable, nor can it be redeemed for cash.
6. Responsibilities: The Promoter accepts no responsibility for late, lost, incomplete, incorrectly submitted, delayed, illegible, corrupted or misdirected entries, claims or correspondence whether due to error, omission, alteration, tampering, deletion, theft, destruction, transmission interruption, communications failure or otherwise. The Promoter has no control over communications networks or services, the Internet, or computer or telephone networks or lines and accepts no responsibility for any problems associated with them, whether due to traffic congestion, technical malfunction or otherwise. Entries via online are deemed to be received at the time of receipt into the Promoter’s database, not at the time of transmission by the entrant.
7. Privacy: All entries and materials submitted to the Promoter in connection with this competition (in any form, including without limitation in hard copy or electronic form), become the property of the Promoter and each entrant warrants that it has the right to transfer these things to the Promoter. The Promoter may use such entries and materials and any intellectual property rights subsisting in them and any medium and in any manner it sees fit.
8. Promotion: Entrants must, at the Promoter’s request, participate in all promotional activity (such as publicity and photography) surrounding this competition or the winning of any prize, free of charge, and they consent to the Promoter using their name and image in promotional material. Without limitation, entrants consent to being broadcast, filmed, photographed or otherwise recorded without compensation while participating in this competition, or in taking the award, and they consent to the Promoter repeating any such broadcast, film or other recording at any time.